Upgrading to 1.27

Started by Ianoid, January 01, 2023, 02:16:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ianoid

Happy new year.

I finally got back to messing around with my Vec32.

I tried to move the upgrade files to the unit. I was not able to fit both the upgrade file and the autorun file. Although the unit said that it had 4K free after moving the larger upgrade file, MacOS still thought the 2K file would not fit on the drive. I did empty trash and remove all files from the Vec32 as directed.

The menu is also slightly corrupted because it shows a duplicate file of every file on the Vec32 with a few extra characters, something like _:SOUNDS. I can scroll down the menu to see the same files without the extra characters.

It seems that all of the games available on the forum require the upgrade, or some upgrade at least, since none of them execute from the cart. My goal is to get Vecalabeth working, but I want to try everyone's programs.

The sample basic programs all work.

Also for programs like Vecalabeth that have multiple files, do they all need to be in the root directory of the Vec32? Or does it recognize folders? Will the autorun menu recognize folders?

Thanks!

Vectrex32

I would try reformatting the V32 drive.

I don't know what Vecalabeth's file arrangement is supposed to be. However, the autorun menu does not look in folders.

If, after reformatting the V32, you still cannot upgrade to 1.27, you could always send the V32 back to me and I'll upgrade it.

- Bob

Ianoid

Thanks for the response. How would I reformat the Vertex 32's drive? Should I treat it like an SD card on my computer and reformat it as FAT32? I would plan to use MacOS Disk Utility.

Vectrex32

Reformat it as you would an SD card or USB drive. It must be formatted as FAT, also known as FAT16. Don't format it as FAT32.

Ianoid

Had the same issue after formatting it, although actually it showed as having less space. I should probably just mail it to you for the upgrade, if you have time to deal with it. Please pm your address or send me an email if you have my email still. Thanks!