Vectrex32 not recognized as storage device by MacOS

Started by Ianoid, August 18, 2020, 12:08:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ianoid

Yes, I use MacOS. Has anyone else had this issue? It doesn't show up at all in finder or Disk Utility.

Thanks,

ian

Vectrex32

I know this has worked in the past, but as a PC user, I don't test it regularly.

My wife is a Mac user (it's a mixed marriage) so I'll try it on her system. But I'm away from home right now, so it will be a day or two.

Of course, if we can't get this working for you, you can return it for a full refund.

- Bob

Vectrex32

OK, I just tried this on a MacBook Air (2017) running High Sierra (10.13.6) and the Vectrex32 drive shows up fine on the Mac.

My wife has a couple of other Macs (one older, one newer). What are you running?

Have you tried a different cable and a different USB port?

- Bob

Ianoid

Thanks for looking into it.

I'm running the current OS which is Catalina 10.15.6 on a 2015 iMac.

I'll try your suggestion.

Ianoid

Tried to reply a week or so ago but the forum was down.

I tried multiple USB cables and multiple Macs, but it was not recognized.

I then tried a Windows 10 PC with multiple USB cables, but the cart was never recognized there either. I even restarted the PC with the cart connected, but it does not seem to recognize it.

The cart does work fine on a Vectrex (with whatever files it ships with).  I would like to add files to the cart to check out some of the fine work people have been doing with it.

Vectrex32

Yeah, I just noticed today that the forum was down. Sorry. Next time it happens (which will hopefully be never) send me a message through the Contact link.

This is definitely sounding like a problem with the V32. If you send it back to me, I'll either fix it or replace it (or refund your money, if that's your choice). I'll also refund you $10 for your return shipping.

My address is:
Bob Alexander
398 Bow Lake Road
Northwood, NH 03261

I'm sorry for the trouble.

- Bob

Ianoid

Fix or replace please. Definitely happy to have one of these. Mailing is no big deal for me, don't worry about a refund, costs me $3.50 to mail in a little box. I'll ship in in the  next few days.

I went and downloaded as much software as I could from the forum, but feel free to throw as much software as you can or want onto the cart!

Vectrex32

I just got your Vectrex32 and the USB is working fine for me.

I just had a thought: did you have the V32 plugged into a Vectrex and the Vectrex turned on? Because the V32 does not get power from the USB; it only gets power from the Vectrex. So you need to have it plugged into a Vectrex and turned on, for a Mac or PC to see it.

- Bob

Ianoid

Um, no. I did not know I needed to have a Vectrex nearby to power the cart for USB connection. 

Sorry if this is spelled out obviously. I guess you can just send the cart back. Happy to reimburse for shipping, just email me an invoice if you wish.

Vectrex32

No charge. In fact, I'm sorry this didn't occur to me earlier. I'm not sure if it's mentioned anywhere in the docs, but I just added it to the Quick Start Guide.

Should I return the V32 to the PO box on your return address label?

- Bob

Ianoid