Main Menu

Recent posts

General Discussion / Not starting the Vectrex32
Last post by Dominus - February 15, 2021, 06:27:26 AM
I have a new Vectrex32 and I can't get it to start. It never starts up the menu but straight to Mine Storm.
However I can access the drive. From the files on it I guess it's firmware 1.20 (vectorgunner.bas is the newest file, dated 10/5/19)

Anything I can do?

I tried to put the upgrade to firmware 1.27 on it but it also won't start the upgrade

Edit: I have no cartridge to test whether the cartridge port fully works. I'll see if I can find one.
Game Swap / Re: Star Trex
Last post by AlexF - January 20, 2021, 04:31:30 PM
Dear Bob, that's fixed the problem, thank you! Hope someone picks up what's been done on this game and continues with it, it's terrific so far...  :D
Last post by Vectrex32 - January 20, 2021, 02:40:42 PM
Yes, they are the same.

- Bob
Last post by jgkspsx - January 20, 2021, 02:33:17 PM
Is the library Sgn function 100% identical to the one defined in this program? I was wondering if switching to the library version is what caused the difference in behavior on my machine vs. the video.
Last post by Vectrex32 - January 20, 2021, 02:01:30 PM
Open Star Trex.bas in a good text editor (like Notepad++ from https://notepad-plus-plus.org/downloads/) and see what's at the error line, 3851.

Odds are, its the first line of the Sgn() function. Delete the entire function (all the way to the ENDFUNCTION line) and save the file. Then, from the command line, type RELOAD and then RUN.

- Bob
Last post by AlexF - January 20, 2021, 11:08:15 AM
I tried launching a TEK window within the terminal programme, and that gave me more info, if of help locating the problem with launching Star Trex... See attached.
Last post by AlexF - January 20, 2021, 10:43:37 AM
Hi, I downloaded the Terminal programme recommended in the Vectrex 32 manual, and opened it while trying to run Star Trex, but it hasn't displayed any extra info - see attached.

I have very little technical knowledge when it comes to programming etc., e.g. I have no idea what you mean when you say "Comment out the Sgn helper function". Can you advise in non technical terms, please?

Last post by jgkspsx - January 20, 2021, 08:35:26 AM
It sounds like you have to make the change I described above. Comment out the Sgn helper function, or rename it and references to it so it doesn't collide with the system library.
Last post by Vectrex32 - January 20, 2021, 08:24:30 AM
Welcome to the forum, Alex!

Connect the V32 to your PC and bring up a terminal window. I'll bet that when you get a blank screen, there's an error message printing out.

- Bob
Last post by AlexF - January 20, 2021, 07:36:55 AM
Hi, sorry if I'm being dim, but I can't get Star Trex to work on the Vectrex32, When I download the file from the links above it adds an additional .txt to the file name. If I remove it so the file is just called startrex.bas, it shows up on the Vectrex32 menu but doesn't load (I just get a black screen)...