Introduce Yourself

Started by bug88, September 05, 2016, 08:49:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jgkspsx

Howdy! I got mine late last year and played around with the games that came with it, but have finally gotten around to hooking it up to my computer and trying to understand the development lifecycle for it. I am looking forward to playing around with it more.

Huxley

Hi all!

I've been a Vectrex fan since I was around 13 years old back in the 1990's. I was a nerdy kid living up in rural Northern California, and one random afternoon my parents stopped at a local church charity sale. It was late the day and the sale was winding down, and I spotted what looked like a black Macintosh in the pile of unsold junk which was due to be thrown away once the sale concluded. I asked around and was told I could have it if I was willing to help move some furniture around, which I happily did. Of course, that "Blackintosh" I thought I'd found was actually a Vectrex, and it came to me with two controllers, several games and overlays, and a few manuals.

I loved how weird it was - none of my friends had anything like it. My sisters and I spent many happy hours playing Armor Attack and Star Trek, and I made sure to keep my collection intact when I eventually moved out on my own. Thankfully, I still have that original set, along with a few neat items I've picked up over the years. I literally just ordered a Vectrex32 about 10 minutes ago, and I'm excited to dive in and see what I can create with it.

Thanks to you all for keeping the vector flames burning after all these years!

Huxley

Vectrex32

Welcome, Huxley. I got your order and it will go out in tomorrow's mail. I hope you do great things with it!

- Bob