Random notes and noise at the end of a play() command v1.15

Started by Astrosynthesist, January 08, 2018, 12:53:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Astrosynthesist

This was not the case in 1.14 if I recall correctly but now whenever I call music using the "play" command (including running yankee.bas) random noise and notes are played at the end of the music. This does not seem to affect built in music, only ones which were created using the "Music" command
call play(music({{NA4, 12}}))

Astrosynthesist

Also multiple notes overlap each other when called with the music function. I would personally prefer the ability to use ABC to specify which voice gets which note. In other words it should work such that "ABC(NG2,nil,nil)" always uses voice number 1 so that I can reserve one or both of the other voices for sound effects and low level control.
This will give away what I'm up to but anyways you can hear some of these notes overlap when they are played even though they should all be one after the other. It does this whether I use the ABC function or not:
tempo = 2
strekMusic = {{ABC(NA3),9*tempo},{ABC(ND4),3*tempo},{ABC(NG4),18*tempo},{ABC(NFS4),6*tempo},{ABC(ND4),4*tempo},{ABC(NB3),4*tempo},_
    {ABC(NE4),4*tempo},{ABC(NA4),21*tempo},{ABC(NA4),3*tempo},{ABC(NCS5),24*tempo}}
strekMusic = Music(strekMusic)
call play(strekMusic)

Vectrex32

You're right. I've always heard those sounds at the end of Yankee Doodle and assumed they were fireworks sound effects that had been intentionally programmed into the tune. But they're playing at the end of your music too.

I'd call this a high-priority bug.

- Bob