Starter pack for the Star Trek V-Prize -> Strek

Started by Astrosynthesist, September 17, 2019, 12:34:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Astrosynthesist

Hello everyone!

I am a huge fan of the Vectrex32 and I hate that I have been sitting on this code for a year and a half and that I have never completed the game. I want this platform to succeed in the Vectrex community, so I would rather give away my starter code than see it go to waste and never get completed. Please note that I stagnated development around the 1.15 release as there were some bugs I was helping Bob uncover at the time that limited my ability to complete the game... I don't think that it is so much of a problem now however. Unfortunately in my own tumultuous life I have not had the ability to pick the project back up - my Vectrex has been sitting sad and unplugged for a few months. :(

So! I have 360 degrees of star trek enterprise, klingon birds of prey, and star bases, as well as a pretty reliable game engine. All that's left is to make the mines and mine layers, and most of the game logic and sound. If you are interested in picking up this project from where I am leaving off please leave a reply and I can send you a nice big fat zip file with everything I have done so far. I am also happy to offer support on what I have written as my commenting was, well, poor.

I hope that someone is interested in picking this up and all I ask is that I get a credit in your final game, either in the basic code or preferably in the on-screen credits.

tgmaverick

Hey Astro,

I'd like to pick up on this project and use it to help teach my son programming this Fall.

Let me know how to best get in contact

Astrosynthesist