Language enhancement: "STEP" for FOR...NEXT loops

Started by hcmffm, October 24, 2016, 05:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hcmffm

I lent my Vectrex32 to a friend of mine and he did some Vectrex programming. My friend is familiar with Assembler and C# programming.

A problem he encountered is the missing "STEP" in the for...next loops. With the STEP you can specify the steps of the loop variable, typically positive or negative integer numbers. Sure enough you can work-around this missing language feature and achieve the same as the STEP addition; but this makes programming a bit cumbersome and the code less readable.

Would adding STEP be possible?

Vectrex32

Definitely possible. I'll add it to my list.

- Bob

hcmffm

Quote from: Vectrex32 on October 24, 2016, 05:51:46 PM
Definitely possible. I'll add it to my list.
Thank you for your prompt reply and adding "STEP" to your list, Bob.

Vectrex32

I've just finished version 1.11. The FOR loop now supports STEP, with both positive and negative values. It also supports floating point numbers in the start, end, and step values.

When I upgrade 1.00 cartridges, I'll be upgrading them with 1.11 (assuming a newer version doesn't come out by then).

- Bob

hcmffm

Quote from: Vectrex32 on October 26, 2016, 10:53:57 AM
I've just finished version 1.11. The FOR loop now supports STEP, with both positive and negative values. It also supports floating point numbers in the start, end, and step values.

When I upgrade 1.00 cartridges, I'll be upgrading them with 1.11 (assuming a newer version doesn't come out by then)
Wow - that was quick! That's what I call dedication and excellent support! Thank you, Bob!