MIT Scratch block to BASIC translation for the Vectrex32

Started by Vectrexer, August 29, 2016, 10:27:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vectrexer

On Vector Forums there was a mention by mountaingoat about his kids using Scratch and wanting them to create Vectrex games. (http://vectorgaming.proboards.com/post/23441) That mention bought to mind another possibility of having a MIT Scratch Block to Vectrex32 Basic command converter.

I would have put the idea into Feature Requests but I d no see this kind of feature as being something Bob would directly for Vectrex32.  So just documenting the idea here for future work by someone to create a utility / online app / Python interface layer for translation of an MIT Scratch Block or whole project to Vectrex32 Basic command format.  Since both the online hosted version of Scratch, and the local version Scratch 1.4, are still used I would suggest the project be a flexible version to allow usage by both type of Scratch.

There are also several other Scratch-like projects other that might have similar converters.

ChadTower

Hrm.  My son is a Scratch wizard.  He was a heavy Scratch user for years.  I will ask him if he thinks this would be worthwhile.