Link Feature

Started by Vectrexer, August 23, 2016, 12:16:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vectrexer

Is it possible to add link feature to the cart?
Via hardware mod? (Ethernet/WiFi upgrade)
Via the the USB port to using a USB hub, or a USB crossover/Back-to-back cable.
Via terminal communications using app to provide the communications to another cart on the same PC.
Via terminal communications using app to provide the communications to another cart on a different PC.

Vectronic

Yes, I too would love to have this feature if possible, so I second the notion. Vectrexer talked about this recently and I believe has more info on an existing way of doing this if needed.

Vectrex32

I'll add it to my list of possible enhancements.

- Bob

MartyMcFly

If I were you I let it as some accessible serial pins (a small yet standard connector would be cool otherwise bare pins would be ok). Why do you ask me? For a simple reason: today you can have a serial to wifi interface for less that $3. The same for BT! So by going the serial route you're staying generic enough to let (hardware) developers to build on it! Hell! a game could be designed for linked multiplayer from the serial port but would work the same with a link cable or with a wifi as it would just reads RX and TX ports!

MartyMcFly

Serial pins could also be repurposed as MIDI ports (rs232 port @38400bps IIRC) so it could be a big plus. I, personnaly would want to develop music/midi-oriented tools for vectrex32 if that kind of extensibility existed.